Event part of the Global Green Destinations Days. Rimini will be the host city in Italy.
National and international experts, as well as representatives from destinations will be present, to discuss sustainable tourism development and share their best practices. The event will include the speech of a UNWTO representative, as well as the presentation of Green Destinations and their current initiatives.
Tourism sector operators, public authorities, entrepreneurs and residents of Rimini are invited to attend the morning conference and share their thoughts and ideas in the Networking Meeting in the afternoon.
It will be also an opportunity to involve all Italians and international students of the bachelor and master degrees in Tourism Economics and Management, Environmental Sustainability, Economia del Turismo, International Tourism and Leisure Industries and Service Management from the University of Bologna, who will be able to have a deeper interaction with the experts during the Student Forum.
9.00 – 13.00
Moderator: Annalisa Spalazzi, Coordinator Festival IT.A.CÀ Rimini
- 9.00 -9.10 Sergio Brasini – Coordinator Rimini Campus, University of Bologna – Welcome on behalf of the University
- 9.10 – 9.25 Pierluigi Musarò – Director of IT.A.CA migrants and travelers
9 years of sustainable and responsible tourism for development through IT.A.CÀ festival
- 9.30 – 9.45 Video Conference Eun Ji Tae, Coordinator, United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) Knowledge Network, Programme Officer, Affiliate Members.
“Travel Enjoy Respect” Campaign presentation, International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Developmentand Sustainable Development Goals for 2030
- 9.50 – 10.10 Albert Salman, President Green Destinations
From disruptive to responsible tourism: the Green Destinations Standard and initiatives to enhance sustainability. Top 100 Competition 2017, Ambassadors Community, Green Travel Map project.
- 10.15 – 10.35 José Maria de Juan, Coordinator International Cooperation, Director KOAN Consulting, EARTH/ ISTO
When social and responsible tourism join forces. Merger between the European Alliance for Responsible Tourism and the International Social Tourism Organization.
- 10.40 – 10.55 Xavier Lechien, President EDEN Network and Director Durbuy Local Development Agency (Belgium) The Eden Network: from a European Commission initiative to a European private network of Sustainable Tourism
- 10.55 – 11.15 Coffee Break
- 11.20 – 11.40 Jana Apih, Managing Director Good Place Factory of Sustainable Tourism and Tina H. Zakonjšek, General Manager New Tourism Institute.
Slovenia makes you green: how we developed a unique model of sustainable tourism. The “Slovenia Green Certification”.
- 11.45 – 12.05 Simone Riccardi, Founder Ecobnb
Community of sustainable tourism. Awarded by UNWTO for the “Innovation in Enterprises” category.
- 12.05 – 12.35 Members of the network Green Destinations, presenting their best practices
–Raffaella Nocchi, Montepisano DMO, Tuscany
–Valere Tjolle, Founder Best of Romagna
- 12.40 – 13.00 Anna Montini, Rimini Municipality, Agency Strategic Plan of Rimini, Rimini case as transition from mass tourism to green destination
14.30 – 16.30
Discussion panel with international experts and professors on tourism and sustainability opportunities
–Jana Apih, Managing Director Good Place Factory of Sustainable Tourism
–Tina H. Zakonjšek, General Manager New Tourism Institute
–Enzo Finocchiaro, Expert in Sustainable and Cultural Tourism
–Paolo Figini, Professor University of Bologna
–Maria Gabriella Baldarelli, Professor University of Bologna
–Esmeralda Neri, CKAA (Climate-Kic Alumni Association)
15.00 – 18.00
Green Destination Networking Meeting (@ Rimini Innovation Square)
Moderators: Albert Salman (Green Destinations) and Emma Taveri (Destination Makers)
Destinations, tourism sector operators, entrepreneurs, NGOs, university and students are invited to participate and present their ambitions in sustainable and responsible tourism in the International Year of Sustainable Tourism 2017.
All participants are invited to bring the issues they face and what kind of support they need, to find ways to cooperate among the different networks, destinations and businesses, to achieve and promote sustainable tourism in Italy. It will be a working meeting; interaction and discussion will be encouraged.
For registration, follow this link: Here to sign up Networking Meetting
Here download the program in PDF version > Program-IT.ACA-Rimini-International-Day-with-Green-Destinations-Sept20